International Student & Scholar Services
COVID-19: FAQ FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS & SCHOLARS
- Please click here for information and answers to frequently asked questions about the University of
Utah's recent response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and how these changes may affect
your status as an international student or scholar.
- This FAQ webpage is being updated regularly, and we encourage you to check it frequently for important updates. Please note that this information is constantly evolving and we do not have all the answers at this time.
ISSS HOURS & PHONE/ZOOM ADVISING APPOINTMENTS
- International Student & Scholar Services is now available for limited in-person and drop-in visits to the main office in the Union building, room 410.
- ISSS is open Monday through Friday from 8-5PM (MDT), excluding holidays.
- There is a limit of 3 persons at a time within the office - please expect possible delays when visiting in-person.
- We will also have limited in-person advising as we gradually reopen our office to in-person services.
- For general questions: Contact ISSS at email@example.com. For appointment requests, see below.
- Please note: We are currently receiving a large volume of emails, and may need some time to respond to your question. Please allow for up to 2 business days for a reply. We thank you for your patience and flexibility during this time.
- If you would like to schedule a phone or Zoom appointment to speak with an ISSS advisor, please send an email to Appointment@utah.edu with the following information:
- Your full, official name
- Your uNID
- Your US phone number
- Your specific availability (date and time, between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM MST, Mon-Fri).
- A description of what you wish to discuss (the more detail you provide, the better we can assist you)
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)
The International Student & Scholar Services office serves as the primary campus contact for international students, scholars, and alumni. Our office fosters and supports a global campus community as part of the University of Utah's vision of a welcoming and internationally connected campus.
Information for international students on F-1 and J-1 visas at the University of Utah.
- Maintaining Status
- Changes in Program
- Family and Dependents
- Other Resources
The Exchange Visitor program promotes the exchange of ideas, mutual enrichment and collaboration between researchers and institutions. It allows participation in teaching as well as research with American colleagues while actively participating in cross-cultural activities with the ultimate goal of sharing experience and knowledge between Exchange Visitors, their U.S. counterparts and the broader community.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
You Are Welcome Here
Utah is a state of many colors from stunning red rock to towering white peaks. But our richest colors are found in the lives of our students. We invite all, no matter the color of one’s flag, to join us here at a university that encourages you to imagine anything. And then do.