Applications due before July 15, 2022
Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
International Ambassador Program
About the Program
International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) International Ambassador Program matches globally-minded students, familiar with campus and Salt Lake City, to incoming international students. Ambassadors help new international students adjust to life at the U and U.S. by assisting students during their transition to the University of Utah and Salt Lake Valley. The Ambassador is awarded a $1,000 scholarship towards tuition during the semester in which they participate in the Program.
The Ambassador Program works to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for new international students through peer support, guidance, resources and advice during new students’ arrival and first year at the University of Utah.
Ambassadors are experienced students from a variety of backgrounds. They serve as role models to new international students by helping them transition to the University of Utah through individual interactions during the year.
ISSS INTERNATIONAL AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
- Must be a current University of Utah student
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the university
- If you are an international student, you must be in good standing with immigration
- Must have and maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must display professionalism
- Must be committed to having a new learning experience
- Ambassador Training and International Student Orientation participation are required.
- Maintain a positive attitude and reflect the model behavior of a campus leader
- Create an inclusive and welcoming environment to incoming international students by being caring and involved
- Actively engage with new international students and offer support during Orientation
- Serve as a point of contact for new international students throughout the academic year, and assist in planning activities and events
- Attend various trainings and throughout the academic semester.
- Represent ISSS and the University of Utah in a professional and positive manner
- Required to attend August 19th International Student Orientation Welcome BBQ (9:30AM-3:00PM)
and perform the following tasks:
- Help set up games and tables
- Welcome and interact with international students
- Help tear down and clean up
- Assist with 2 out of 7 social events/seminars throughout the semester by doing the
- Provide direction and guidance to a small group of international students
- Set up and tear down
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all students’ information and records in accordance with University standards
- Communicate promptly and professionally with the ISSS staff
- Maintain ambassador status by following the expectations and responsibilities listed above
Any questions should be directed to email@example.com