Current Nomination Application
Nominations for the President's Tuition Award for the 2024 and 2025 Fulbright Foreign Student Program application cycle will open on September 1, 2023 and close on April 14th, 2024.
What is the President’s Office Tuition Waiver?
Fulbright grantees who have applied through the U via Fulbright are rarely fully funded. To offset these costs, the University of Utah offers a prestigious Presidential 50% tuition waiver exclusively for incoming Fulbright grantees participating in the Fulbright Foreign Student Program (FFSP) and Foreign Language training assistant Program (FLTA).
These tuition waivers are available for rolling applications from September 1st until April 14th, 2024.
To be eligible for consideration, unit heads (including Deans, Directors, or Department Heads) or their authorized representatives must submit the following form and nominate a potential Fulbright applicant to their department.
The earlier a student can be nominated, the better! Awards are given out on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Tuition Waiver
- Covers tuition payment for up to 9 credits per semester.
- Applied directly to tuition/student fees on the student’s balance the month before classes begin.
- Cannot be applied to books, room, or board.
- Redeemable only for Fall and Spring semesters for a maximum of 2 academic years.
To successfully nominate a Fulbright candidate, the department must also supply (via the form):
- Fulbright & Department Contact Info for the student
- Cost-sharing agreement details between the department and Fulbright.
- List of any departmental funding.
- Official Acceptance Letter from the U (Not an offer letter from the Department --Speak with Graduate Admissions)