ISSS SCHOLARSHIP FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
***Scholarship Application Now OPEN***
Each scholarship is valued as a total of $4,000 and will be applied as a tuition waiver of $2,000 for the Fall and $2,000 for Spring semester of the academic year 2021-2022.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete at least two semesters of classes, either virtually or in-person, through the University of Utah main campus by May 2021.
- Be on an F-1 Visa, and will remain on an F-1 Visa for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semester.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Intend to enroll full-time (12 semester credit hours for undergraduate students; 9 semester credit hours or 3 thesis credits for graduate students) for both the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semester.
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student in good standing at the University of Utah.
- Demonstrate active engagement in the campus and/or community through participation in student clubs, service opportunities, campus programs, and/or community programs and events.
- Have an extenuating circumstance that has created a financial need.
- Students sponsored by a sponsoring agency or home country government are not eligible.
- Student athletes.
- Students who have previously received the ISSS Scholarship are not eligible.
Please apply directly online through the University of Utah scholarship website. The criteria and specific information in regards to what is required for the scholarship is listed there. Once you have created an account online then you may search for other scholarship opportunities that you may be eligible for as well.
Student Application Deadline: Friday, April 2nd, 2021 by 11:59PM Mountain Time.
*Selection of the scholarship recipients will be announced by the end of May 2021.