- Campus Crisis Resources
- Campus Alert System
- Public Safety/Police Department
- Health Services
- Office of Parent Resources
- Office of the Dean of Students
- International Student and Scholar Services
- Disability Services
The University is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus for all the campus community, visitors, and guests. Note: 911 calls for on-campus emergencies will be re-routed to 801-585-2677 for dispatch.
Campus Crisis Resources
Campus Crisis Resources has contact information for various emergencies including: Emergency Services, Emergency Information, Emergency Preparation, Students Resources, and Counseling Services among others.
Campus Alert System
The University’s Campus Alert System notifies the entire campus of any situation which affects campus operations from road closures to power outages or any other emergency which would affect campus operations. Students should sign up for Campus Alerts and chose to be notified either by email, text messages or phone voice message.
Other sources of information during an emergency include:
- Radio – KUER FM 90.1
- Television – KUED Channel 7
- Local News Media
- Online – http://www.utah.edu
Public Safety/Police Department
Immediate police or security response is available by calling the main dispatch number: 801-585-2677 (5-COPS)
The University of Utah’s Department of Public Safety/Police Department provides all police-related services which may be needed on the University of Utah Campus and surrounding areas. Thirty-two State-certified sworn police officers and 60 security officers are on campus to respond to any emergency including, but not limited to:
- Natural Disaster
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- Sexual Assault
- Relationship Issues and Violence
- Disease, Injuries, Illness
- Acts of Violence
To help safeguard the University Community of nearly 50,000 students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University, the Department of Public Safety/Police Department:
- Patrols the U campus of nearly 1800 acres, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Monitors and responds to alarms.
- Provides secure building access.
- Patrols work space and parking areas.
- Provides after-dark security escorts on demand.
- Monitors the blue lighted emergency phones which are available around campus, including remote locations.
- All on campus and pay phones can access emergency services by dialing 9-911 and assistance is available anytime, day or night.
For more information, visit the university's Department of Public Safety.
The Student Health Center
The Student Health Center provides general and preventative health care. General hours are from 7:30am to 5:00pm. Hours may vary, check their website, or call for specific hours of operation.
Emergency Department (ED) of the University of Utah Hospital
Services provided include care across the continuum, from the severely ill or injured, to those with minor problems. Specially trained staff and resources are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year, to evaluate and treat all disease processes.
University Health Care Clinics
A number of University Health Care Clinics are located throughout the Salt Lake Valley. Check online or the phone book for locations and services.
The Utah Poison Control Center is a 24 hour resource for poison information and offers clinical toxicology consultation and poison prevention education. This free and confidential service is available 365 days a year.
Currently there are six University Pharmacies located on campus. Check Campus Pharmacies for locations.
The University Counseling Center:
- Offers opportunities for personal development that will lead to enhanced learning and contribution to the University.
- Helps resolve existing problems.
- Helps prevent potential problems.
- Helps develop new skills to enrich lives.
- Addresses personal, career and academic learning issues.
- Formats include individual and group counseling, classes and workshops.
- Consultation and outreach services are available to University organizations and departments.
Office of Parent Resources
The Office of Parent Resources at the University of Utah strives to support parents and family members of undergraduate students by communicating accurate and timely University information, providing programming that connects families with the University, and recognizing families as University partners in assisting students with their academic endeavors.
Office of the Dean of Students
The Dean of Students' Office (801-581-7066) has many functions for the University of Utah community. These include:
- Administering Student Contact procedures for the campus.
- Providing advocacy assistance to students in need.
- Advising students organizations including student government (ASUU).
- Advising fraternities and sororities.
International Student and Scholar Services
International Student and Scholar Services (801-581-8876) provide services for the international community including students, researchers, professors and short-term scholars. We advise the community on all immigration/visa issues, orientation, advising, cultural adjustment, support services and outreach to students and members of the campus and community.
The Center for Disability Services provides accommodations and support for the educational development of students with disabilities. We strive to improve understanding and acceptance of students with disabilities throughout the University community. Direct assistance to students to encourage and enhance their independence.