Report to The International Center
- You must report to The International Center, located in Room 410 Union Building, upon your arrival on campus. The International Center reports your arrival on campus to SEVIS, the USCIS internet tracking file that tracks and monitors all international visitors to the U.S. If your arrival on campus is not reported to SEVIS, you will be considered out of status and your visa status will be in jeopardy.
- Please check in at The International Center with the following documents. You may
also fax this information to The International Center at 801-581-6388.
- A copy of you DS-2019, stamped at the Port of Entry
- A copy of your I-94 card (Arrival/Departure card)
- A copy of the visa page from your passport
- The J-1 Health Insurance Compliance Form with a valid signature
- You must check in within 30 days of the start date on your DS-2019.
You must fill out the J-1 Check-In Form which was mailed to you with your DS-2019 and submit it to The International Center.
Report your current, Salt Lake City home address to The International Center within 30 days of the start date of your DS-2019 Form. Use the J-1 Address Update Form (PDF).
Orientation is available to new scholars and their families and includes introduction to the campus and the community, safety and health issues, transportation, banking and cultural adjustment, among other issues. If you have questions about orientation, please read the FAQs on the Student's Orientation page or contact us at email@example.com.